- The first 48 hours are crucial to maximize the whitening results from you bleaching procedure.
- Some patients experience sensitivity after bleaching. This sensitivity normally lasts 48 – 72 hours however it is not unusual for it to linger for a week or so. We recommend over the counter pain medications such as Ibuprofen, Advil or Tylenol to counteract any discomfort you may be having.
- Avoid acidic fruit juices like orange juice until the sensitivity has dissipated.
- Use the toothpaste that is recommended by your dentist.
- Chewing “sugarless” gum will help as it will reduce the peroxide levels and help with the sensitivity.
- DO NOT CONSUME dark or yellow staining substances such as:
· COFFEE, TEA, MUSTARD, KETCHUP, RED WINE, DARK COLORED SOFT DRINKS, BERRIES, RED SAUCES, SOY SAUSE · TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND CHOCOLATES
- If your regular home care contains Chlorhexidine rinse, please wait 48 hours before continuing.
- Please continue good oral hygiene after your lightening process, this will greatly help you maintain the new color.
- If you notice that your teeth are darkening, you may want to enhance your bleaching. We can custom fabricate take-home bleaching trays for this purpose. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.